Dunedin Southern Rail Tour
Book now for the Spectacular Southern Rail Tour featuring Stewart Island 29 April - 1 May 2019 Dunedin Railways presents a three day, two night guided rail tour departing Dunedin on our iconic Silver Fern Railcar bound for Invercargill and Stewart Island.
From $999 per person
Dunedin to South
29 April 2 nights
Following the tracks of the famous ‘Southerner’ rail journey, we depart Dunedin Railway Station and make our way south on the main trunk line to Invercargill.
We’ll transfer to our hotel on arrival in Invercargill for some free time in the afternoon before we transfer by coach at 5pm for a dinner at the impressive Richardson’s Transport Museum. There will be time before the buffet meal is served to stroll around the museum.
After dinner a coach will return you to your hotel.
On Day two we’ll depart from the hotel by coach to Bluff where we’ll board a catamaran to cross Foveaux Strait to the beautiful and wild Rakiura Stewart Island. Once on the island we’ll take a Village and Bays bus tour to learn about the local history and environment and we’ll also take a nature cruise with an experienced and knowledgeable skipper guide. A boxed lunch is included. Our time on Stewart Island will finish with the return catamaran trip back to Bluff.
On our final day enjoy a buffet breakfast at the hotel before transferring back to the Silver Fern for the return rail trip to Dunedin.
· Travel in the first class comfort of the Silver Fern Rail Car
· Accommodation in twin or double rooms at the Kelvin Hotel (single rooms available at extra cost)
· Transfers and tours as described in the itinerary
· Two breakfasts, two boxed lunches, one buffet dinner
· Full commentary, and knowledgeable and friendly crew
· Complimentary tea and coffee on board the Silver Fern
· $999pp for all services as described in this itinerary
· $120pp for the single supplement
Limited seats available – book now
For bookings and more information contact the Ticket Office at Dunedin Railway Station
Phone 03 4774449
Email [email protected]
“Have wanted to do this for years and finally got the chance. This was absolutely the most fun afternoon.”
“Very beautiful train journey”
“Amazing that the workers managed to build the railway in such challenging conditions. Wonderful commentary...”