Whether it's transporting 450 people to a conference dinner in Oamaru, 80 people to a wedding in Middlemarch, a short scenic breakfast down the harbour, a South Island wide rail tour, or anything in between we can make your event something special.
The 94 seat Silver Fern Railcar is the most popular train to charter and is ideal for weddings, special birthdays or as a break-out activity for conferences. If you have larger numbers or wish to go up the Taieri Gorge we can put together a standard train which can cater to over 500 people.
Chartering your own train is easy and gives you the flexibility that a scheduled service does not. Call us to discuss your needs and we can tailor a package to suit you, arrange entertainment, meals and beverages and provide you with staff to see to your every wish.
Charters and catering can be tailored to meet your specific requirements, your group size and budget. We work with many restaurants and conference facilities including those in Oamaru, Moeraki, Middlemarch and Cobb and Co which is located at the historic Dunedin Railway Station.
To get your imagination going consider:
- A barn dance or dinner in Middlemarch
- Lunch or dinner at Moeraki boulders
- Weddings at many of the magic churches and venues near the railway lines.
- A conference dinner (or an entire conferences) in Oamaru.
- A barbeque at Hindon up the Taieri Gorge
- A train trip as part of an event at the Porters Lounge (dessert on the train?)
- Dinner on a stationary train at the station (you don’t HAVE to go anywhere to use the train).
- A murder mystery dinner on a train.
- Fundraising trips (charter a train and sell the tickets).
- A school trip to Middlemarch museum or Moeraki boulders (or anywhere on the rails).
- A scenic cliff top pre dinner champagne trip
A train will be the perfect "wow factor" at your conference, great transport to your event or something really special for your wedding. If you are considering hiring a train or just want to know more, give Barbara a call on 03 4774449 or email [email protected].